Pages

Monday, April 25, 2011

STS is Rad.


I loved STS during the weeks when I had started my prac early--and not just for Kerrie's jokes or the drinks at the Lighthouse afterwards! Walking into a school every day felt like going down the rabbit hole—totally fascinating and engrossing; meanwhile back at UC, I was missing classes and totally out of the loop. So staying connected with my classmates and the Grad Dip course was hugely helpful. I heard some people saying they were nervous about planning for their pracs and dealing with the quirks and challenges of their schools. I realized I would absolutely have let my nervous energy run wild and freaked myself out; but because of my schedule variation, I simply hadn’t had time for that. The whole thing just took off like a shot and...ha! I enjoyed it.  I hope I can remember that heading into the next prac, relief teaching in one new place after another, starting a new job, etc. Panic won’t help. Prepare, relax and do your best.

No comments:

Post a Comment