Pages

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Lesson Plan Panic

Last week's STS tute was the first time I'd ever seen a lesson plan with all the numbers and codes and columns, and I literally couldn't read it--I didn't know how. So I had a pretty strong reaction to that, and didn't want to read it. It's amazing how powerful that fear-based shutting-down mechanism is. So Will I be allowed to be the kind of teacher I want to be? I admit I would like to be the kind of teacher who doesn't have to make documents like that, but I guess this is one way that I won't be allowed to be the kind of teacher I want to be. Maybe it's for the best; I can see that being so clearly on top of what your class is doing all the time and why would actually be very freeing and less stressful overall.

No comments:

Post a Comment